Click on article titles to view full articles in pdf format.
- California Supreme Court Adopts 1:1 Ratio for Punitive Damages
by Gregory O. Eisenreich
In Roby v. McKesson Corp court holds 1:1 Ratio is the U.S. Constitutional maximum
(Barger & Wolen's Insurance Litigation & Regulatory Law Blog, December 08, 2009)
- 2009 California Legislative Update
by Christophe H. Burusco and Michael L. Rosenfield
The California legislature passed a number of new insurance-related bills that Governor Schwarzenegger signed into law.
(Barger & Wolen's Insurance Litigation and Regulatory Law Blog, December 04, 2009)
- New Decision on Arbitrators’ Authority
by Evan L. Smoak and Alison J. Shilling
Recent Barger & Wolen Victory Answers Who Decides What to Do After Hall Street
(Barger & Wolen's Insurance Litigation and Regulatory Law Blog, October 27, 2009)
- FCRA & State Regulation of Credit Scoring: Chartered & Unchartered Territory for Insurance Companies
by Steven H. Weinstein and Marina Karvelas
As insurance companies re-tool their insurance scoring models they face newly defined obligations under FCRA.
(Barger & Wolen's Insurance Litigation and Regulatory Law Blog, July 28, 2009)
- Federal Bill for Health Care Reform Unveiled
by Misty A. Murray
Analysis of H.R. 3200: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009
(Barger & Wolen’s Life, Health and Disability Insurance Blog, July 17, 2009)
- Event Cancellation and Non-Appearance Insurance Questions Surrounding Michael Jackson’s Death
by Gregory O. Eisenreich
(Barger & Wolen's Insurance Litigation and Regulatory Law Blog, July 01, 2009)
- President Obama Proposes National Office of Insurance
by M. Scott Koller
Obama Administration proposes the formation of a new office within the Treasury Department to oversee the insurance industry.
(Barger & Wolen's Life, Health and Disability Insurance Blog, June 19, 2009)
- Complete Victory in Health Care Rescission Case
by John M. LeBlanc
On May 28th, Barger & Wolen client Blue Shield of California won a complete victory in a landmark health care rescission case.
(Barger & Wolen’s Life, Health and Disability Insurance Blog, June 01, 2009)
- Client Alert: Excess Insurance in Commercial Vehicle Leasing Situations
by Marina Karvelas
California Supreme Court Weighs in on Statutory Presumption of Excess Insurance in Commercial Vehicle Leasing Situations
- Client Alert: New Mandatory Filing Requirements
by S. Stuart Soldate and Michael L. Rosenfield
Medicare secondary payer mandatory requirements applicable to ALL liability, no-fault and workers' compensation insurers.
- Client Alert: Barger & Wolen Obtains Court of Appeal Decision Affirming Verdict
by Kent R. Keller and Larry M. Golub
Kent Keller and Larry Golub recently obtained a successful appellate result in a longrunning bad faith lawsuit.
- The Bizarre Law That Punishes the Kindness of Strangers
by Michael A.S. Newman
Posted with the permission of Daily Journal Corp. (2009).
(Los Angeles Daily Journal, March 03, 2009)
- Coverage in Tatters
Featured Attorneys: John M. LeBlanc
Los Angeles partner John M. LeBlanc quoted in a cover article on rescinded coverage.
(California Lawyer, February 01, 2009)
- Client Alert: Virginia Surety Company v. California Insurance Guarantee Association
by Kent R. Keller and Stephen C. Klein
CIGA ordered to refund Virginia Surety overpayments after insurerer notified they were not renewing any non-warranty coverages.