Travis Wall is a partner in Barger & Wolen’s San Francisco office. He has been with the firm since 2004, practicing civil litigation with an emphasis on complex business disputes, securities litigation, and insurance coverage and bad faith. He practices in both federal and state courts and has appellate experience.
Mr. Wall’s insurance litigation experience includes coverage and bad faith litigation, stop-loss coverage, ERISA claims, class actions and unfair business practices claims. He has represented insurance companies in complex coverage disputes involving widely publicized sexual abuse claims against religious institutions. He has represented both excess and primary insurances in coverage disputes involving allocation of liability in asbestos and pollution claims.
He has extensive experience in consumer and investor litigation, including complex disputes concerning asset-backed securities, collateralized debt obligations and structured investment vehicles. He has handled investment advisory disputes involving asset allocation, guidelines and permissible investments, including allegations of self-dealing and breaches of fiduciary duty. Mr. Wall has litigated numerous securities arbitrations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) involving claims of fraud, unauthorized trading, unsuitable investment recommendations, and professional negligence.
Mr. Wall also has experience in real estate and condemnation actions. He represented a railroad in a complex contract dispute with a pipeline company regarding an easement affecting 1800 miles of the railroad right of way.
Mr. Wall is admitted to practice in California state courts and before the United States District Court for the Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California, the District of Colorado, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, J.D., 1997
Member and Senior Articles Editor, California Law Review (1995-1997)
- University of California, Los Angeles, M.A., Modern French History, 1992
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., high honors, 1988
Articles & Publications
- Triggering Coverage over Layers of “Self Insurance”
(Barger & Wolen's Insurance Litigation & Regulatory Law Blog, February 13, 2012)
- Horizontal and Vertical Exhaustion, Defending the Insured (Aspen Publishers 2006, 2008)
- Fees, Please: When it comes to arbitration, be careful what you ask for, The Recorder (Mar. 2004 Arbitration and Mediation Supplement, co-author)
- The State Bar of California
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- BASF Barristers Commercial, Business and Bankruptcy Law Section, Co-Chair (2005-2006)